Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Social Studies... would never be the same again.

A figure in black stepped into my classroom straight after the PCCG lesson. With that long, protruding nose, I could distinguish her right away. It was Ms Harjit Kaur, my new SS teacher, and this was her first SS lesson with us.

She has 2 expectations that we have to meet up to. First, students should never talk when she's speaking. Second, she expects students to take Social Studies seriously as it's a Combine Humanities subject. From this, I can perceive that Ms Kaur is a strict teacher.

She began the lesson by asking my class to introduce ourselves. Javin told Ms Kaur that Rui An's name is Richard, and she bought his story! So thereafter, Ms Kaur addresses Rui An as Richard, and no one corrected her mistake, not even Rui An himself! Amazing.

In just her first SS lesson with us, she had covered the chapter of Conflicts among Countries. It wasn’t a complicated chapter to me, and the 1½ hour lesson did not seem prolonged. She could even give us a 5-minute break to refresh ourselves. In my opinion, Ms Kaur is a strict, yet seemingly efficient teacher.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home