Friday, June 04, 2004

The Lord Of The Rings Motion Picture Trilogy - The Exhibition

I visited The Lord Of The Rings Motion Picture Trilogy - The Exhibition today! It was the last day of the exhibition, and I would not miss it since the Singapore Science Centre is the ONLY VENUE in Asia. I didn’t visit it on my own, I went there with my cousin, who is a hard-core LOTR fan ;) . We were so eager to visit it since it was launched on 13th March, but we did not manage to fork out time from our busy schedule till today.

The exhibition opens at 10am, we reached the Singapore Science Centre at 10.10am, but we were not considered early. There was quite a lot of people and several school groups. The whole exhibition was so cool and awesome. We took our time and read through all the details labelled about the exhibits.

Many technological advances had been used in the making of LOTR. There is a scaling interactive sector explaining one way in which the films managed to make the characters look different from their original heights. It allows visitors to experience in becoming Hobbit sized in a scene from The Fellowship of the Ring. It was totally dramatic and fun too.

The exhibition also showcased the props, used for the filming of The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, which were not on display in the previous two venues, namely New Zealand and London. Weapons belonging to Arwen, Gandalf, Frodo and Aragorn were also showcased. Not only that, outfits including Arwen's riding costume, Galadriel's stunning dress and Gandalf's robes were also on display.

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers were screened at the exhibition. The making of the films were also screened. I watched LOTR:FOTR, but did not watch LOTR:TTT.

By the time we exited the exhibition, it was already 2.40pm. We browsed through the souvenir shop. I really wanted the LOTR collectible mug. It’s an exquisite mug, black in colour and totally cool. It’s such a pity that the mug was SOLD OUT! I should have visited the LOTR Motion Picture Trilogy - The Exhibition sooner. But, I did not go home empty handed. I bought two collectible tins, one with a picture of Arwen and the other with a picture of Saruman. Anyway, I enjoyed my time at the exhibition and it truly was unforgettable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home