Saturday, January 19, 2008

Shoe Bath

Ok, I admit. When it comes to cleaning of my SHOES, I can be quite lazy. Unlike for my clothing & bags, which I diligently hand wash when they're in need of some urgent washing, I don't really bother much about my shoes.

Well, I'll be starting work on Monday. See, I'm supposed to be in my track shoes when I'm at work, & I don't wanna be seen wearing a pair of dirt-covered track shoes on the first day of work. So...what do I do then?

Grabbed my pair of Reebok (don't bother to wash my pair of Nike 1st), undid & removed the laces, removed the insoles & dump the whole lot into a wash bucket. The washing process begins... Oh my, now I realise that I should be more diligent when it comes to washing shoes. The dirt stains (that was accumulated over a year) on those shoes were stubborn. All that scrubbing with Dynamo liquid didn't do such a good job, but it managed to remove most visible dirt & stains. & yeah, the 1st batch of rinsing water was truly disgusting. As for the stubborn spots, I scrubbed them with an old toothbrush with CIF cleaner. It didn’t remove the spots completely, but it lightened them. Beats nothing, right?

Now, I’m just waiting for them to dry completely so that I can redo the laces & get them ready to be worn on Monday morning! Don’t wanna be wearing moist squishy track shoes on the first day of work either!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home